I have always thought that when rain is raining all around, a bowl of spicy snack and a cup of hot tea makes a huge difference! This combination can spice up a dull, rainy evening. Couple this combination with a book and you’re set!
Today’s on the blog recipe is Green Peas Cutlet. A simple vegetarian snack that is easy to make and that can make a cold, showery day so much more lovable. Enjoy! 🙂
P.S. Here’s a quick tip that I find useful everytime I cook/bake/throw-utensils-at-people:
1 teaspoon = 5 grams
1 tablespoon = 15 grams
Keep it cooking! 😀
Green Peas Cutlet
Green peas – 1 cup
Sweet corn – 1 cup
Medium sized potato – 1
Green chilies – 3
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Chickpea flour (Besan) – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tbsp
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
- Boil and mash green peas, sweet corn and potato in a bowl.
- To this mixture, add chopped green chillies, rice flour, chickpea flour, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar, lime juice and salt and mix well. (Alternatively, you can boil green peas, sweet corn and potato and combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs in a blender/food-processor and blend/mix until a soft dough like consistency is reached. Easy-peasy!)
- Make small balls of this dough and roll them in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan. Flatten the dough balls slightly at the center (you can also use cookie cutters to make fun shapes) and shallow fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Serve them hot with mint chutney and date chutney or with everyone’s fave – tomato ketchup! 🙂
Thank you for reading! ❤