Now who doesn’t like French Fries?? I know they’re unhealthy and greasy …but who doesn’t like them!! The taste of a perfectly-sized crispy fry dipped in slightly spiced tomato ketchup is one of the simple pleasures of life. I recently discovered one more to add to these pleasures. Green Bean Fries!
Simple to make and real tasty, green bean fries are tasty alternatives to potato fries, only healthier and beanier! 😉
Green Bean Fries
Fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
All-purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
Onion Powder – 1 tsp
Cream (or Milk) – ½ cup
Egg – 1
Salt – to taste
On a plate:
Bread crumbs – 2 cups
- Heat oil in a deep kadai or fryer on medium flame. Keep an eye on it to make sure that the oil doesn’t overheat.
- Combine together flour, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl. Toss green beans in the flour mixture to coat them completely and shake off excess.
- In a different bowl, whisk together egg and cream. Add salt to it.
- Dip the flour-coated beans into the egg mixture and roll them in bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Fry these beans in batches, till they are golden brown, for about two-three minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Here’s a tip – to make these fries crispy (just like at restaurants) fry them twice. Fry them once, drain excess oil, fry them again!
Thank you for reading! ❤