Blueberry Oatmeal Bread is a yummy, healthy bread to make for breakfast or to enjoy as a tasty snack. It is pretty simple to make and slightly blue to look at! 😀 It contains the goodness of oats and the sweetness of blueberries making it a total win-win! 🙂
Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
All-purpose flour (Maida) – 1 1/2 cups
Brown Sugar – 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Eggs – 2
Butter – 1/3 cup
Old fashioned oats or quick oats – 1 cup
Blueberries – 1 cup
Plain yogurt – 1/3 cup
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 350o F (175o C).
- In a bowl, beat eggs, butter and brown sugar until creamy. Do not over-beat.
- In a separate bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- To the egg mixture, add the flour mixture (3 spoons at a time, to avoid lumps) and mix well until a smooth batter is formed. Stir in yogurt and vanilla essence.
- Fold in oats and bluberries.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle of it comes out clean. If the top of the bread is browning quickly and the center is still raw, cover the top of the bread with aluminium foil. This ill prevent the bread from burning.
- Let the bread cool to room temperature. Enjoy with some honey and a hot cup of tea! 🙂
Thank you for reading! ❤